Aaron Scheuer joined Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd after four years with the S.C. Department of Revenue, bringing with him a practical understanding of state tax matters. While at the DOR, Aaron worked in the Policy section, providing formal and informal guidance to taxpayers and Department personnel regarding state/federal tax issues and Department administrative practices. Prior to joining the Policy section, Aaron worked as an attorney in the DOR Litigation section, representing the Department before the Administrative Law Court in a wide variety of state tax and alcohol beverage licensing matters.
Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd clients appreciate Aaron’s unique perspective and approach to their state tax and regulatory matters. Aaron’s litigation background, along with his ability to guide clients through complex state tax issues and Department procedures, makes him a valuable resource for both businesses and government entities. As part of our firm’s tax law team, Aaron also works with the economic development group.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in taxation, 2012
- Charleston School of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Virginia, B.A., 2005
- South Carolina Bar
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Economic Developers Association
- Columbia Tax Study Group
- Unique South Carolina Tax Credits – Financial Planning Association of South Carolina Annual Symposium, November 2016
- DOR Policy Update – Columbia Tax Study Group, November 2016
- Textile and Abandoned Building Tax Credits – South Carolina Tax Council Summer Seminar, June 2015
- Textile and Abandoned Building Tax Credits – SC Bar Government Law Section Mid-Year Update, June 2015