Sarah Clemmons is a healthcare attorney who devotes her practice to maximizing clients’ recovery on patient accounts.
Sarah began her legal career as a litigator representing hospitals and physicians. In that role, she was exposed to the complexities of the revenue cycle side of healthcare. At Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, Sarah now works closely with her clients to develop and implement systems to identify assets and payment sources—negotiating with liability insurance carriers, patients and their counsel.
Her knowledge of and experience in an essential part of the business of healthcare ultimately helps improve her clients’ financial performance. In addition to debt collection work, she has experience advising clients on hospital staff and disciplinary issues—including fair-hearing procedures—also having assisted with drafting staff by-laws and policies. Sarah's clients include community hospitals, physicians and veterinarians.
- Emory University, J.D., 2005
- Furman University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1999
- South Carolina, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2006
- Emory Law Journal, Articles Editor
- Upcountry History Museum - Furman University, Board Member
- Greenville Chamber PULSE
- Junior League of Greenville
- Pendleton Place for Children and Families, Board Member (2006-2012)
- South Carolina Chapter of the Health Care Financial Management Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- Greenville County Bar
- Leadership Greenville, Class 41