January 25, 2019
Join us for our 2019 Employment Law Series where HSB’s Employment Law team will present a complimentary one hour breakfast session each month on key employment law topics.
Each seminar will provide a detailed update on the important issues and trends impacting South Carolina’s employers. Presentations will be live-streamed to our offices in Charleston, Columbia, Florence and Greenville each month so you can attend in the city of your choice.
Chris Gantt-Sorenson will kick off this year’s program on February 28th with a discussion on proposed legislation impacting South Carolina employers, including a primer on South Carolina’s Pay Equity Act, Lactation Support Act, Background Checks and Ban the Box legislation.
HSB is an approved SHRM provider and courses will be submitted for SHRM, HRCI and SC CLE credits.
2019 Employment Law Series Schedule:
- February 28: Review of Proposed Legislation Impacting SC Employers, Chris Gantt-Sorenson
- March 28: Protecting Your Assets When Employees Leave – Trade Secrets and More, Denny Major
- April 25: Offer Letters and Employment Contracts: The Terms of Employment, Perry MacLennan
- May 23: ICE Audits and Employer Compliance, Garrett Steck
- June 27: Social Media, Drone Usage and OSHA, Demetrius Pyburn
Each monthly seminar will be hosted across the state, in our offices in Charleston, Columbia, Florenceand Greenville. Attendees will be able to select the location of their choice on the registration form.
Coffee and networking will begin at 8:00 AM and the seminar from 8:30-9:30 AM.
Click here to register.