The employment law team at Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd partners with business clients to offer timely, cost effective and useful advice and counsel to employers when they need it most.
Our firm takes client advice and counsel work seriously, because we believe that building close, trusting working relationships with our clients allows us to better help employers avoid or minimize costly resultant agency investigations and litigation. We believe that working together with our employer clients early on in the process creates more successful partnerships and fewer disruptions to business operations—often caused by administrative agency investigations and employment litigation.
We also understand that human resource issues often require immediate response and counsel. That's why the employment attorneys at Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd provide both simple, real-time answers and address those that require more extensive research. We're proud to offer same day responses and direct contact information to our clients for times when employment law emergencies that arise.
When it comes to employment law, our attorneys' core focus is risk prevention and mitigation, complementing our business clients' goal of avoiding litigation. When working with our employment attorneys, you'll be provided with tools to help your company remain compliant with state and federal employment laws, while our team:
- Drafts and reviews employment policies and handbooks;
- Provides employment training for staff and management;
- Drafts employment agreements, including non-competes and severance agreements;
- Provides day-to-day guidance to clients on common employment issues.
In the unfortunate event that litigation does arise, you can rest assured that our employment team will work closely with our litigators to insure seamless, efficient and cost-conscious representation. Is your company just beginning operations in South Carolina? Our firm can make sure you're aware of all state-specific compliance issues, as well as prepare all of the compliance tools necessary before hiring.
Employment Law Experience:
- Representing employees in governmental agency investigations as well as any resultant citations or ensuing litigation
- Investigating and responding to discrimination charges filed with the EEOC and the South Carolina Human Affairs Commission (SCHAC), as well as representing the employer in any ensuing litigation
- Litigating claims against employers for employee benefits under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Defending claims under FMLA, ADA, ADEA, the Equal Pay Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (which includes harassment and discrimination claims), and South Carolina human affairs, wage payment and other employment laws
- Providing advice and counsel to address the compliance issues arising under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), as well as walking through the compliance process with employer step-by-step
- Representing employers in hearings before the South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce (SCDEW)
- Negotiating employment agreements, including confidentiality agreements, non-compete agreements, independent contractor agreements, severance agreements and compensation arrangements
- Presenting to owners, executives and human resource and other professionals to provide updates on the most pressing employment law issues and offer compliance tips
VISIT OUR BLOG
We actively share our knowledge and experience on our employment law blog: SCEmployerBlog.com.