Clarke DuBose uses more than 30 years of litigation experience to defend clients in environmental related actions, product liability matters, construction defect litigation and other personal injury and commercial matters.
In the area of products liability, his extensive experience includes representing drug and medical device manufacturers and manufacturers of agricultural products, industrial machinery, industrial protective devices and automotive products in actions brought in federal and state courts.
In construction defect litigation, Clarke defends contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and designers in claims involving single family, multi-family and commercial construction projects.
In the environmental area, he has represented Fortune 500 companies and a major South Carolina city in Superfund and other actions. He has successfully coordinated clean-up measures with the Environmental Protection Agency and has helped clients pursue other PRPs (Potentially Responsible Parties).
Regarding environmental issues on the state level, Clarke represents industries and local governments before the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control.
- • Represents contractors in vertical construction matters ranging from modest residences to 100-unit condominiums
- • Defends paving contractors in personal injury and business dispute cases involving primary and secondary roads, interstate highways and private projects
- • Defended a major automotive product manufacturer and equipment retailers in a series of cases
- • Defended a manufacturer in a products-liability case involving more than 100 plaintiffs, as well as acting as lead counsel other mass torts
- • Defended numerous drug and medical devices in products liability actions
- • Successfully handled personal injury and economic loss actions involving allegedly defective manufacturing and agricultural equipment, agricultural crop losses, surgical instruments and other medical devices
- • Represented major pharmaceutical manufacturers in cases alleging injuries from adverse drug reactions
- • Has extensive experience in insurance coverage issues and commercial litigation
- • Represented for many years a major food products manufacturer throughout South Carolina, defending a variety of claims, including those involving adulterated food products and trucking accidents
- • Briefed and argued numerous appeals in both state and federal appellate courts
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1980
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 1976
- The Best Lawyers in America© Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Defendants (2012-2024) and Product Liability Litigation - Defendants (2012-2024)
- Best Lawyers® 2023 Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants “Lawyer of the Year” Columbia
- Best Lawyers® 2021 Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Defendants “Lawyer of the Year” Columbia
- Best Lawyers® 2013 Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Defendants “Lawyer of the Year” Columbia
- Medmarc Honor Roll, named for the sixth time in a row in 2013
- National Kidney Foundation of South Carolina 2007 "Volunteer of the Year"
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- A.C. Flora High School PTSO, Co-President (2013-2014)
- National Kidney Foundation of South Carolina, Board of Directors President (2006-2007)