Kaitlin Beck is an associate in Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd’s Columbia office and focuses her practice on immigration and corporate law.
Kaitlin assists in managing immigration cases and representing multinational corporations, healthcare facilities, large and small businesses and individuals before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Labor.
She helps U.S. and foreign-based clients with their immigration needs, including employment-based visas, permanent resident status applications and labor certifications. Kaitlin provides advice and counsel on I-9 and E-Verify compliance, as well as state law employment verification requirements.
In her corporate practice, Kaitlin advises clients on a number of financing documents and commercial contracts involving goods and services.
Prior to attending law school, Kaitlin was a legislative aide for a United States Congressman working within the areas of immigration and healthcare.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., cum laude, 2017
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington, B.A., 2009
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Corporate Law 2023
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division “Star of the Quarter” (2018-2019)
- CALI Award for Legal Research Analysis and Writing II
- South Carolina Law Review, Associate Editor in Chief
- Leadership Columbia, Class of 2021
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division, The Bridge Project Co-Chair
- Junior Achievement of South Carolina
- City Center Partnership, Long Range Planning Committee
- “Back to Normal? Immigration in the Post-COVID Business Environment,” HSB Employment Law Webinar, March 2, 2023
- “Immigration Law Hot Topics,” HSB and Pee Dee SHRM Employment Law Seminar, Florence, SC, December 7, 2022
- “Immigration Law Update,” HSB Pee Dee SHRM Employment Law Update, Florence, SC, December 9, 2021
- “Mid-Year Employment Law Update: Enacted and Pending Legislation, New Cases and Developments, and More!,” HSB 2021 Employment Law Webinar Series, May 27, 2021