Katie Busbee is an associate in Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd’s Greenville office and focuses her practice on economic development and employment law matters.
In law school, Katie served as the Research Editor for the Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Journal.
Prior to law school, Katie was the Director of Legislative Affairs for the Greenville Chamber of Commerce.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., cum laude, 2021
- Erskine College, B.A and B.S., magna cum laude, 2014
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- CALI Award Recipient: Securities Regulations, Business Torts, Complex Civil Litigation, Civil Litigation Capstone
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Zion Assembly Church of God, Youth Group Leader and Clerk
- “Do I have to pay my summer intern?,” HSB Blog, April 19, 2022
- “U.S. Supreme Court Blocks OSHA ETS for Large Employers but Allows Vaccination
Requirements for Healthcare Workers to Proceed,” HSB Blog, January 13, 2022
- “2022 State & Federal Legislative Preview,” Anderson SHRM Employment Law Update, January 6, 2022
- “A Look Ahead: 2022 Legislative Preview,” HSB Pee Dee SHRM Employment Law Update, Florence, SC, December 9, 2021
- “Mandatory Vaccines for Healthcare Workers Put on Pause,” HSB Blog, December 1, 2021