Mitchell Johnson has practiced in the areas of public and corporate finance for over 35 years. At Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, Mitchell assists colleges, universities and other tax-exempt organizations in securing financing for student housing, retirement facilities and other projects.
Mitchell has also served as bond and underwriter’s counsel on student-housing financings totaling more than $2 billion at colleges and universities in: South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Alabama, Tennessee, West Virginia and California.
He also represents financial institutions in secured and unsecured commercial financing transactions.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1978
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, M.B.A., 1975
- Davidson College, B.A., 1973
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- South Carolina Bar
- Charleston County Bar Association