Hamilton Osborne is a business and commercial litigator at Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, representing plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of business and commercial litigation, with particular emphasis on representing banks and other financial institutions.
In addition to having extensive experience with claims arising from lending transactions, Hamilton has prosecuted and defended lawsuits involving contract disputes, covenants not to compete, claims of unfair competition or unfair trade practices and other business torts.
He has prosecuted and defended claims arising from the management of investment accounts. He is also admitted to practice in Georgia and New York.
- • Defended numerous lender-liability claims
- • Defended a bank in a class-action lawsuit in federal court involving lender’s collateral-protection insurance
- • Represented a bank as the plaintiff in a lawsuit in federal court to enforce a multi-million dollar contractual indemnity claim
- Yale University, L.L. B., 1968
- Princeton University, A.B., magna cum laude, 1965
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 1976
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina, 1975
- South Carolina, 1975
- The Best Lawyers in America© Appellate Practice (2010-2020), Commercial Litigation (2011-2020), Litigation – Banking and Finance (2011-2020) and Litigation – Bankruptcy (2011-2020)
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® Business Litigation (2013-2019)
- Columbia City Council, member for more than 15 years
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar