Jesse Belcher is known for successfully resolving business disputes and establishing favorable precedents in litigation across numerous industry sectors.
Jesse represents both plaintiffs and defendants in disputes involving disagreements among shareholders and partners, the purchase and sale of securities, mergers and acquisitions, trade secrets, unfair trade practices and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) matters. The issues range from breach of fiduciary duty to common law fraud.
He frequently represents professionals such as accountants, physicians and realtors in matters affecting their partnership relationships and ownership of their businesses. He has successfully assisted partners in accounting firms in fairly dividing their assets through negotiation and judicial dissolution.
He handled one of the leading cases in South Carolina involving the fiduciary duties owed by partners in a real estate limited partnership.
- • Represented a manufacturer of polymer films in an action against a Taiwanese company involving the theft of trade secrets
- • Defended investment bankers in multi-million dollar actions involving diversification of portfolio, option strategies and blue-sky claims
- • Defended accountants, brokers and investment bankers in multi-million dollar actions involving diversification of portfolio, option strategies and state and federal securities claims
- Emory University, L.L.B., 1965
- Emory University, B.L., 1965
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar