Ken Shaw is an experienced trial lawyer who focuses on the defense of healthcare professionals and institutions in a variety of matters, ranging from medical malpractice to premises liability. He also has extensive general commercial litigation experience representing financial institutions, insurance companies, manufacturers and individual clients in a variety of actions, including breach of contract, breach of express and implied warranty, unfair trade practice and negligent and intentional misrepresentation.
Ken has obtained defense verdicts on behalf of his clients in numerous jury trials, and he has successfully argued cases in front of the South Carolina Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Ken is also a triathlete (four-time Ironman finisher) and avid golfer.
- Florida State University, J.D., cum laude, 2008
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 1991
- South Carolina, 2008
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina, 2009
- North Carolina, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2013
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense (2017-2018)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association, Board of Directors (2018-2020), Chair of Medical Malpractice Subcommittee (2011-2013)
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Greenville County Bar Association, Year-end CLE Committee 2015
- North Carolina Bar