Information technology is not only an industry sector in itself, but an increasingly important foundation for all business activity.
Our firm represents businesses across the IT spectrum, from original equipment manufacturers, distributors, and developers of business, consumer, insurance, and videogame software, to end users, website developers and internet businesses. Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd assists clients with business entity creation, IP asset protection, joint venture and development agreements, license negotiation, and dispute resolution.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY LAW EXPERIENCE:
- Aggressive defense of original equipment manufacturer against successive claims of copyright and trademark infringement by one of the world's largest software developers
- Prosecution of defective software action in arbitration to settlement on behalf of a multi-national client who had purchased an enterprise-critical software system for handling client's product development know-how
- Settlement of client’s claim that its customer was violating the license terms for client’s proprietary inventory-control and order-processing supply chain software
- Negotiation on behalf of several software-development clients of multiple software license agreements in the insurance industry
- Negotiation on behalf of packaging industry end user of multiple software license agreements
- Advice to research universities on technology transfer and commercialization