At Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, we understand that real estate development activities of any kind involve a large spectrum of potential legal issues.
Our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to assist real estate clients in identifying potential legal issues and dealing with them in the most efficient and economical manner.
Whether the issues are related to local development regulations, environmental issues or tax considerations, our real estate attorneys understand the necessity of handling these matters efficiently and effectively—getting the project completed on time and on budget.
REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE:
- Serve as primary outside counsel for a Southeastern commercial real estate investment company with a portfolio spanning all asset sectors and including over 3,000,000 SF of hard assets
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in connection with a build-to-suit lease for a 1,694,000 SF warehouse and distribution center and in the acquisition of 459 acres for a 3,000,000 SF warehouse and distribution center
- Serve as general and real estate counsel for “WestEdge,” the civic and research-oriented, mixed-use development on Charleston, SC’s Peninsula
- Represented a private, not-for-profit academic healthcare system in a ground lease and development lease for a 78,255 SF, $31,500,000 clinical learning and research building
- Represented a developer of a large mixed-use (retail and office) redevelopment project in Charleston, SC
- Represented municipalities and developers in the negotiation of annexations, development agreements and PUD zoning provisions
- Represented a regional bank in an asset based lending transaction totaling $40 million
- Represented the University of South Carolina Development Foundation in the development and financing of the 650 Lincoln student housing facility