Derrick Quattlebaum is a member of our firm's Corporate Recovery team. The team works with clients to identify and pursue the early recovery of costly and unnecessary losses. Corporate Recovery opportunities include production interruptions, fraudulent billing, property damage, product failure or product damage, among others.
Derrick serves as primary South Carolina defense counsel for insurance carriers in life, health and disability, and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) litigation and other insurance coverage disputes.
A litigator with over 20 years of experience, Derrick has achieved successful outcomes for Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd clients in a wide range of matters including product liability, automotive, construction and financial institutions.
Derrick serves as Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd's General Counsel.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1989
- Duke University, A.B., 1986
- South Carolina, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1996
- Best Lawyers® 2024 Insurance Law “Lawyer of the Year” Greenville
- The Best Lawyers in America© Insurance Law (2011-2024) and Litigation – ERISA (2011-2024)
- Best Lawyers® 2023 Litigation - ERISA “Lawyer of the Year” Greenville
- Best Lawyers® 2021 Litigation - ERISA “Lawyer of the Year” Greenville
- Best Lawyers® 2020 Insurance Law “Lawyer of the Year” Greenville
- Best Lawyers® 2012 Litigation - ERISA “Lawyer of the Year” Greenville
- Greenville Business Magazine “Legal Elite of the Upstate” Business Litigation (2020-2023), Corporate Investigations (2020), Insurance Law (2020-2023) and Professional Liability (2023)
- South Carolina Supreme Court, Commission on Lawyer Conduct (2019-Present)
- Defense Research Institute, Life, Health and Disability Committee
- American Board of Trial Advocates, South Carolina Chapter
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Greenville County Bar Association
- Columbia Theological Seminary, Board of Trustees (2006-2014)
- Christ Church Episcopal School, Board of Trustees (2010-2018)
- Fourth Presbyterian Church, Elder
“Key Legal Areas for Family Businesses” (Panelist), Anderson University’s Family Enterprise Institute, October 20, 2022