The Employment Law team at Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd partners with business clients to offer timely, cost effective and useful advice and counsel to employers when they need it most.
Our firm takes client advice and counsel work seriously because we believe that building close, trusting working relationships with our clients allows us to better help employers avoid or minimize costly resultant agency investigations and litigation. We believe that working together with our employer clients early on in the process creates more successful partnerships and fewer disruptions to business operations—often caused by administrative agency investigations and employment litigation.
We also understand that human resource issues often require immediate response and counsel. That's why the employment attorneys at Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd provide simple, real-time answers and address questions that require more extensive research. We're proud to offer same day responses and direct contact information to our clients for times when employment law emergencies arise.
When it comes to employment law, our attorneys' core focus is risk prevention and mitigation, complementing our business clients' goal of avoiding litigation. When working with our employment attorneys, you'll be provided with tools to help your company remain compliant with state and federal employment laws, while our team:
- Drafts and reviews employment policies and handbooks
- Provides employment training for staff and management
- Drafts employment agreements, including non-competes and severance agreements
- Provides day-to-day guidance to clients on common employment issues
In the unfortunate event that litigation does arise, you can rest assured that our employment team will work closely with our litigators to provide seamless, efficient and cost-conscious representation. Is your company just beginning operations in South Carolina? Our firm can make sure you're aware of all state-specific compliance issues, as well as prepare all of the compliance tools necessary before hiring.
EMPLOYMENT LAW EXPERIENCE:
- Representing employers in governmental agency investigations, citations or ensuing litigation
- Investigating and responding to discrimination charges filed with the EEOC and the South Carolina Human Affairs Commission (SCHAC)
- Litigating claims against employers for employee benefits under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Defending claims under FMLA, ADA, ADEA, the Equal Pay Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (which includes harassment and discrimination claims), FLSA, wage payment and other employment laws
- Providing advice and counsel on FLSA and wage payment laws
- Providing advice and counsel to educate and address compliance issues arising under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- Representing employers before the South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce (SCDEW)
- Negotiating employment agreements, including confidentiality agreements, non-compete agreements, independent contractor agreements, severance agreements and compensation arrangements
- Litigating claims involving non-competition, non-solicitation, non-disclosure covenants, misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of fiduciary duty
- Providing updates and compliance tips on new developments in employment law to owners, executives, human resource and other professionals
- Providing advice and counsel on I-9 and E-Verify compliance, as well as state law employment verification requirements
- Representing employers before Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Conducting site audits
VISIT OUR BLOG
We actively share our knowledge and experience on our employment law blog: SCEmployersBlog.com.