Brad Love serves as co-leader of our firm’s Public Finance Practice Group and is the administrative shareholder for Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd's Greenville office. For nearly twenty-five years, he has advised cities, counties, special-purpose districts, hospitals, continuing care retirement communities, public college foundations and private colleges as they structure financings for their capital and operational needs through the issuance of various types of municipal bonds and other obligations. Brad has an extensive background in all areas of public finance.
Additionally, Brad serves as underwriter’s counsel to investment banks that sell publicly-offered municipal obligations and as bank counsel to banks that purchase privately placed municipal bonds. He advises his issuer clients and financial institution clients on the intricate structures of municipal finance, including installment purchase revenue bonds, special source revenue bonds, general obligation bonds, utility revenue bonds, 501(c)(3) revenue bonds and healthcare facilities revenue bonds.
- •Served as counsel to Greenville County in connection with the negotiation of a more than $1 billion public-private partnership for the redevelopment of county-owned land and facilities in order to create new county administration facilities and private commercial and housing opportunities and as bond counsel in the issuance of several series of tax-exempt obligations of more than $405 million for the project
- •Served as counsel to a city in connection with the negotiation of a public-private partnership for the development of a brownfield site into a retail and commercial center
- •Served as bond counsel to a hospital system in the issuance of several series of bonds totaling almost $1 billion as part of the financial consolidation of merged hospital systems
- •Served as bond counsel to a nonprofit corporation for Greenville Technical College in the issuance of approximately $50 million of installment purchase revenue bonds with regard to the financing of an arts, sciences and health sciences facility
- •Served as bond counsel to a city in the issuance of a taxable installment purchase revenue bond for the construction of a public parking garage to be built beneath a privately-owned hotel
Brad is also a writer, speaker and CLE coordinator on public finance and local government topics for a variety of events and publications, including annual conferences for the South Carolina Special Purpose District Association, Municipal Association of South Carolina and South Carolina Association of Counties. He has also spoken at the South Carolina Bar Government Law Section CLE Seminar.
- University of Georgia, J.D., cum laude, 1999
- Presbyterian College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1996
- Greenville Business Magazine "Legal Elite of the Upstate" Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions 2020 and Government Finance Law (2016, 2019-2023)
- South Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities, Board of Trustees (2017-Present)
- South Carolina Bar, Government Law Section Council (2014-Present), Secretary (2018-2020), Vice Chair (2020-2022), Chair-Elect (2022-Present)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- South Carolina Association of County Attorneys
- Greenville Humane Society, Board Member (2013-2018), Executive Committee (2015-2018)
- Patewood Memorial Hospital, Advisory Council (2013-2015), President (2015)
- Pendleton Place for Children and Families, Secretary, Treasurer, President (2000–2006)
- Riley Institute at Furman’s Diversity Leaders Initiative, Upstate Class XIX
- Leadership South Carolina, Class of 2010
- Leadership Greenville, Class XXIX